As part of the Symposium programme we will be running an Industry Forum, where leading industry representatives will engage in a moderated panel discussion around key topics affecting healthcare and technological developments in this space.
The Forum will focus on industrial orthopaedic robotics, a growing filed that is slowly becoming more main stream, thanks to recent technological developments, strategic mergers and acquisitions, and growing acceptance within the patient and clinical community.
The discussion will revolve around the following key questions:
- What does the future of this technology hold?
- What is the commercial strategy behind the major players offering robotic systems today?
- What outstanding barriers remain, which prevent widespread adoption of CAOS technology?
- How can clinicians, scientists and industry work together to break some of these barriers?
- Mr Ori Hadomi, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, Medtronic Inc.
- Mr Branko Jaramaz, Senior Director, Research and Development, Smith and Nephew
- Mr Thomas Küenzi, Senior Director Velys R&D, DePuy Synthes
- Mr Jim Nevelos, Vice President of Advanced Technology and Research (Joint Replacement), Stryker Corp.
- Mr Brian Uthgenannt, Global Marketing Manager, Corin Group.
- Mr Felix Wandel, Vice President of Robotics and Technology (EMEA), Zimmer Biomet
- Prof Alister Hart, Royal National Orthopeadic Hospital and Chair of Orthopeadics, University College London
- Mr Johann Henckel, Royal National Orthopeadic Hospital
- Prof Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena, Hamlyn Centre Co Director, Imperial College London
Date & Time:
Tuesday 28th June 2022, 2:30 – 3:30pm